Meta tags is an important term for the site SEO. Specially , It helps the individual post to increase it’s traffic performance in search engine result. To create a seo friendly post , you must add meta tags in your blog post. Meta tags is also known as Meta keywords. To increase your page rank, you must insert it.
In blogger or blogspot, you can add meta tags by two ways. 1) Adding meta tags in blogger template and 2) Adding meta tags in blogger post dashboard. But we recommend you to add meta tags in blogger post dashboard. It is easy and best way to insert meta description in individual blogger post. When you create a new post in blogger, you can do this easily. Today, we will show you the all process.
Add meta tags in blogger template to each blogger post
1) At first backup your blog template for any unwanted occurrence.Then go to your blogger dashboard and go to ‘Template’ and click on ‘Edit HTML’. Now you can see the all template code here.
2) Now find the bellow code [ Press Ctrl+F to search the code]
<b:include data=’blog’ name=’all-head-content’/>
3) After, You have to paste the following code bellow the above code.
<b:if cond=’data:blog.url == “PAGE-URL”‘>
<meta content=’PAGE-DESCRIPTION’ name=’description’/>
<meta content=’PAGE-KEYWORDS’ name=’keywords’/>
PAGE-URL : Replace you post URL where you want to add meta description.
PAGE-DESCRIPTION : Replace a short post summery within 150 characters.
PAGE-KEYWORDS : Put your post focus keyword.
4) Now save your template and you are done. Keep mind that to add meta tags in multiple blogger post, you have to do same work in multiple time.
Add meta tags to individual post in Blogger dashboard
1) Login your blogger dashboard and click on ‘New Post’.
2) In right side of post dashboard, you can see ‘Post setting ‘ option. Now find ‘Search Description’ from there. Add a short description of your post that you want to publish within 150 characters here. Keep the focus keyword in this short description.
3)Now click on ‘Done’ button and publish your post adding meta description.
NB. If you haven’t add site meta description in blogger yet, you can’t find this ‘Search Description’ option in your blogger post dashboard. So you should add that before doing this.
Now the question is which way is best to add meta tags in each blogger post. We recommend you the second one as well as adding meta description in blogger dashboard. Because it is easy. Otherwise, when you add meta tags in blogger template, the code size of template will increase and my happed unwanted occurrence. Some people think that ‘Search Description’ of Post setting is not actually a Meta tags. But that is not true. For Blogger platform it is the right way to add meta tags.